UNISON fights discrimination and prejudice in the workplace on behalf of its lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) members.
We do this by building local and national groups of LGBT members, negotiating with employers and offering individual support to anyone experiencing discrimination. We also provide access to practical advice and legal information.
LGBT group priorities
UNISON’s LGBT group takes UNISON’s priorities into the LGBT community.
They are to:
- recruit LGBT workers into the union;
- encourage LGBT members to get involved;
- build our network of LGBT groups;
- support individual members;
- identify and challenge discrimination, informing the union’s negotiations with employers;
- defend and promote LGBT public services;
- campaign for equality.
If you would like to speak to Liam Cruickshank, LGBT Officer, please contact him on 0191 553 2730 or email@example.com