UNISON’s priorities on disability are led by the union’s own disabled members. We help disabled members by fighting discrimination and campaigning on issues such as:
- improved anti discrimination legislation;
- negotiating branch disability leave agreements;
- improving inaccessible workplaces;
- replacing information systems that don’t meet disabled people’s access needs;
- eliminating negative attitudes and prejudice from employers, service users and the general public.
The 2010 Equality Act offers a range of protections to disabled people but workplace discrimination still affects many people in England, Scotland and Wales.
If you would like to speak to Brian Elliot, Disabled Members Officer, please contact the branch 0191 553 2730 or email us at email@example.com